Table of Contents
Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ
Edited by Ronald A. Simkins, Creighton University,
and William L. Blizek, University of Nebraska-Omaha
1. Are the Gospel Passion Accounts Anti-Jewish?
2. Christ’s Passion on Stage: The Traditional Melodrama of Deicide
3. Christian Anti-Semitism: Past History, Present Challenges
4. Passion-ate Moments in the Jesus Film Genre
5. Romans, Jews, and Greeks: The World of Jesus and the Disciples
6. The Arrest and Sentencing of Jesus: A Historical Reconstruction
7. Gibson's Passion: A Case Study in Media Manipulation?
8. Sectarian Catholicism and Mel Gibson
Viewer's Guide to The Passion of the Christ